|By now, most parishes have transitioned to online forms for event sign-ups, registrations, ticket sales and donations. If your parish is still using paper forms, it’s time to start moving over to user friendly online forms. (You can build out new forms here.)
This week, set aside some time to assess your online forms for their “user friendliness.” For each form, ask yourself the following questions:
- What is the purpose of this form?
- How long does it take to complete? (1-2 minutes is ideal.)
- Are all the questions necessary?
- Would the questions make sense to someone who is new to the parish?
- Does this form look like it’s from the parish? (logos, colors, font, and text.)
- How does this form look and function on a smart phone?
Once you’ve made a few changes, test out the revised form with someone who has never used it before and get their feedback. By assessing all of your online forms every 6-12 months, you’ll improve the “user experience” of your parishioners, and they’ll be more likely to volunteer, attend events, and give generously. Chances are you’ll also find forms and activities taking place that you had no idea even existed…and user friendly online forms will help clean things up for you. And while you’re at it…tune up your online giving form!